Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Coopers Pale Ale Review: Another Aussie Export We Could Do Without

Coopers Original Pale Ale
Coopers Brewery, Adelaide, Australia
My least favorite pale ale ever. No hops character on the nose or the tongue. The beer tasted quite a bit like a light lager. The color was a cloudy straw, and the head was thin and dissipated quickly. Coopers Original Pale Ale is bottle-conditioned, but I didn’t get much from the presence of the yeast either. I expected more after tasting the entirely drinkable Sparkling Ale from Coopers. Coopers Brewery has been around a long time, and it brews the right way, but I didn’t love the Original Pale Ale. I suppose that one could use this beer to train drinkers of macro lagers to be more adventurous, but if I am honest, I’d rather have a Budweiser. That is not a ringing endorsement from me.
Style: Pale Ale
ABV: 4.5%
Available: Total Wine
-Ryan